Medical / Virtual Scribe
One of the leading healthcare companies, ITCube, has its share contribution in medical scribe domain. ITCube is Pune’s first company to cater medical scribe services with:
- Well-equipped 20,000-sq. ft. technology-intensive state-of-the-art office.
- HIPAA compliant and ISO 270001 certified environment.
- Team of more than 15 years of experience in medical record generation on board.
Medical domain expertise on board.
Advantages of ITCube Virtual Scribe
- Average accuracy of 99% plus.
- Highly qualified team with extensive experience in Healthcare domain and on Voice Recognition platforms.
- Competitive pricing.
- Quick ramp-up abilities.
- Six sigma and lean-based work culture.
- Client specific TAT (Turn Around Time) ranging from 2-48 hours.
Medical scribing is a new service blooming up in healthcare industry. It has already captured around $ 125 million business market in 2014 and by 2020 there would be around 1,00,000 + scribes adding their contribution to the medical record world. So, who is a medical scribe and why we require scribe? Let’s take a closer look into the medical scribe industry.
Who is the medical scribe and what is his role?
Medical scribe is a personal assistant to the physician performing documentation in the HER, gathering information from the patient’s visit.
Scribe generates medical records from the patient-physician interaction in real time. He can work on site or virtually/remotely from a HIPAA secured facility. He witnesses the patient visit and charts the medical data generated during the visit into electronic health record (EHR), also generates referral letters, sorts or organize medical documents within EHR system and assists e-prescriptions.
Why we require Medical Scribe ?
Maintaining data for everyday patient encounters and medical documents work is an exorbitant load on any physician. The physician has to juggle between actual patient treatment and documentation part leading to incomplete documentation, missing data and mainly dissatisfied patients. Study shows that for every patient interaction on an average the physician has to generate about 13 documents, requiring additional cost and manpower as well as it was time consuming.
The medical scribe works as a physician assistant onsite or virtually and handles all the day-to-day documentation part for physician, which enables physicians to focus on their primary goal ‘patient treatment’. Well-trained and well-experience scribe managing the medical records increases swift time bound and accurate medical record generation and reorganization. The time saved can be utilized to focus more on complex cases, the physician can give more time to each patient and can attend more patients.
What are the advantages of virtual scribe over onsite scribe?
- Cost effective.
- No stress of handling scribe operational activities.
- Backups are readily available in case of emergency.
- Patient might feel uncomfortable in the presence of onsite scribe, which ultimately can affect the physician patient interaction.